Hiking the Antonovich Trail in San Dimas, CA
Antonovich Trail in San Dimas was a fun hike with the kids. A lot of shade, a nice stream, things to look at. Plenty of little spots to explore and teach the kids about.
Antonovich Trail visiting info
- 102 S San Dimas Ave, San Dimas, CA 91773
- We recommend driving towards Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation (1100 S Valley Center Ave) for better parking.
- Daylight Hours
Antonovich Trail Parking
- Free. Drive towards the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation on Valley Center Ave and on the right you will see a sign to park at the trail.
Random Tips from our visit
What we observed:
- Antonovich Trail Parking is really limited at the top of the trail. We recommend parking near the Buddist Center is mentioned above.
- The area has lots of poison ivy. It’s best to stay on the path.
- The trail runs parallel to the creek and there are quite a few streams to cross. Bring shoes that you are willing to get wet in and a hiking stick to keep your balance.
- The path is well shaded.
- Dogs and horses also walk the trails.
- The creek is not the clearest of waters.
- With all the no parking signage in the residential area, we imagine that this trail is very busy on the weekends and would recommend visiting it during the weekday.
- A beautiful scenic trail
- Nice place to relax and enjoy mother nature
- Hike to the falls (we didn’t do this on our visit, but plan to go back to see it)
- Swing on the ropes
- 1 hour 15 mins
We went on a weekday and there weren’t many people. Half of the visitors wore their masks but we were able to keep a safe distance from them. Be aware of the poison ivy if you step off the path to social distance.
Should you go?
Antonovich Trail is a nice easy trail to bring younger kids on. The water in the stream and the abundance of shade really make the trail a memorable one. Also, we would like to stress that Antonovich Trail Parking near the Buddhist center is a lot safer for families with younger kids. Instead of having to park on the side of a busy street the parking lot down by the center is nice and out of the way.
What other sites are saying about Antonovich Trail
A place we really liked eating at that is nearby
Papas Best Sandwiches & More – Our favorite was the Via Verde sandwich. We recommend calling in your order 20 mins before arriving.
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do with Kids in Southern California
If you have any suggests on where we should go next please let us know in the comments below!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you found our post helpful and want to hear more from us in the future, please consider signing up for our Monthly Newsletter. We promise to send you the most basic, to the point text newsletter you’ve ever seen! Thanks in advance for the support, it’s much appreciated.