Greenspot Farms out in Mentone, CA, has a great pumpkin patch that is free to enjoy if you’re out in the area.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Greenspot Pumpkin Patch Information updated For 2022
- 10133 Ward Way, Mentone, CA 92359
- Mon-Sun 9am-6pm. Pumpkin Patch opens Oct 1, 2022 (Dates and hours of operations may change. We recommend calling them beforehand to confirm their business hours.)
- Entry price:
- Free Admission
- Free Parking
- Time spent:
- 1 ½ hours
- Check the weather before you go. The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended. Best to wear closed toe shoes.
- What we packed:
- Sunblock, lip sunscreen, portacap, insect repellent, fruits, snacks, food, and water.
- They do have a little food stand there. You can also bring your own food.
- Stroller/Wagon friendly:
- Yes but the grounds are uneven.
- Flushable toilets
- What we observed:
- Cash only. There is an ATM machine onsite. The farm is small so we recommend arriving right at opening to get close parking and avoid crowds. Activities start at $5/activity – animal train cart rides, bounce house, tractor rides, duck races, hay maze. Farm animals feeding is $3/bag. Tractor ride is $5/person. They also have a Haunted Hayride event for adults and older kids. Pls check their website for more details.
- Birthday party rentals:
- Gift certificates:
- Future events:
- Christmas Hayride and Christmas Tree Lights from Dec 1st to 23rd.
- Other places to visit in the area:
- Big Falls Trail
- Recommended itinerary:
- 9am: Greenspot farms
- 12pm: Big Falls Trail (13 miles away)
What We Said In Our Greenspot Pumpkin Patch Video
We’ve always loved the atmosphere of Greenspot Farms Pumpkin Patch. And it’s led us to visit their real pumpkin patch multiple times since the kids were born. While it’s a pretty far drive out to Mentone, CA, the small farm is built right on the mountainside and caters well to families.
The main area is completely decorated with fall charm. With the front and side of the store holding all of the farm’s ready-to-go pumpkins and a couple of really nice photo opportunities for the kids. Inside you’ll find all the Halloween knick knacks and gadgets that’ll make your kids say, “you never buy me anything!” Before you usher them out to avoid a scene.
Their picnic lawn area has always been one of our favorites. Depending on when or what time of the year you visit, the area could have live music or movies playing, but it’s always a good area to snack and relax.
Past that, you’ll get into the farm animals and kids’ activities. Our kids love feeding the animals, but now that they’re getting a little older, the activities are becoming more of a draw.
From the hay maze to the hayride, the Greenspot fall event has all the stuff you’ve come to expect from a good pumpkin patch, but Greenspot also has a small kids’ playground that’s a big plus.
And if you’re feeling lucky, you can walk their pumpkin field and find a vine-grown pumpkin to call your own, and on the way, you can walk their Christmas tree field to see if one of their trees is perfect for home and the upcoming holiday season.
Greenspot offers A LOT for a free-to-enter pumpkin patch. While you can get in and out with a photo of a pumpkin in 15 minutes. We’ve ALWAYS loved taking our time and spending hours relaxing at the farm.
Other Pumpkin Patch Options
Here are some other great Pumpkin Patch options we’ve already checked out here.
See you again with more around California with kids.