If you’re looking to do more with your family than just Apple Picking in Oak Glen, CA. Oak Tree Mountain is a great option. Opened initially as an Apple Pie and Cider stand some 50 years ago, the spot has transformed into a 14-acre family fun park full of shops and entertainment.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Oak Tree Mountain Visiting Information
- 38480 Oak Glen Road, Oak Glen, CA 92399
- Sat-Sun 11am-4pm
- Dates and hours of operations may change. We recommend calling them beforehand or checking their website to confirm their business hours.
- 1 Ride: $8, 3 Rides: $20, 1 Hour: $35
- Other activities in the area:
- Play Tree Playground – Free
- Cornhole – Free
- Giant Jenga – Free
- Giant Connect Four – Free
- Axe Therapy – $5
- Petting zoo – $5
- Mining Co – $10
- Time spent:
- 2 hours
- Check the weather before you go. The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended. Must have closed toe shoes.
- What we packed:
- Sunscreen, lip sunscreen, insect repellant, @suds2go cap, fruit, veggies, snacks and water.
- Where we ate:
- Common Ground Public House for nachos and pizza.
- Apple Annie’s for a slice of warm apple pie with ice cream.
- Pet allowed:
- Stroller friendly:
- Yes, flushable toilets.
- What we observed:
- If you have young kids, we recommend one parent (e.g. mom) getting the 1 hour unlimited pass ($35) and the kids can take turns coming down with that parent. And the other parent (e.g. dad) purchases 1 ticket ($8) to get the experience. We think it was the best value and the kids had a great time. Note: 2 adults cannot sit on one tube and you can not share the 1 hour unlimited pass with another person.
- There is no weight or height limited. The slide is recommended for ages 4 and up. Emree is 3 years old and loved it!
- We saw kids ages 4 to 5 sliding down by themselves.
- The worker said you could go up to 30 miles per hour coming down.
- There is a conveyer belt with railings to help you get to the top.
- They ask that you don’t have open toe shoes, sandals, or flip flops. Leave your hat and loose items behind before going on the slide.
- It takes no longer than 10 mins to get from the conveyer belt to the bottom of the slide. When we first arrived at opening, it only took 5 mins for each run.
- The mountain slide is open throughout the year. We might come back when it snows!
- The reception is bad in that area. We recommend having a meeting spot with your friends/family at the beer-garden at the Common Ground Public House. It is located right at the bottom of the slide. There you can find an outdoor table, have the best view of the mountain slide, and enjoy some pizza and nachos!
- The petting zoo is small and underwhelming but if you like to check it out, we recommend only one parent going in with the kids to save money.
- Ways to save money:
- Pack your own food.
- Event party rentals:
- Recommended itinerary:
- Snowline Orchard for apple cider donuts (Open all year)
- Los Rios Ranch for apple picking (Labor day weekend – Thanksgiving weekend)
- Oak Mountain Tree for mountain slide (Open all year)
- 123 Farms for Christmas Nights (Early Nov-Early Jan)
What We Said In Our Oak Tree Mountain Video
When it comes to things to do, we are big fans of the activities Oak Tree offers, with its most popular attraction being its Mountain Slide. The 9-lane, 350ft behemoth is built right into the mountain and is easy to see throughout the property. At the ticket counter, you can buy individual rides or an hour-long ticket. Once you have your tickets, you grab a tube and use the conveyor lift to the top. Up there, an employee will soap the bottom of your tube before you get to the ledge. And once you’re set on your way, riders can reach speeds up to 30 mph. It’s a ton of fun, and our group loved the activity. We went multiple times while we ate lunch and watched at the nearby beer garden. The only real knock on the experience was the staff, who really didn’t seem to enjoy the work.
Play / Activity Area
The Play Tree play structure was another activity the kids had fun with. While the single-entrance jungle gym creates quite a bottleneck, the unique look of the structure pulls the kids towards it. Eventually, it splits them out down one of two slides.
Oak Tree Mountain also has Axe Throwing and Gem mining near the live music umbrella area. And across the street, you can even try your hand at some trout pond fishing. Unfortunately, we didn’t try those out on our visit.
Instead, we opted to check out the animal farm, which you could pass on. Unfortunately, the animal farm is much smaller than it’s been in the past. And both the birdhouse and the petting zoo area feel quite empty. The birds hid in the corner tree, and the animal pen only had a couple of pigs and a handful of goats to pet. If you love mini goats, check it out. If not, settle for saying hi to the turkey in the Artisan Village.
Oaktree mountain’s a fun destination to add to an apple-picking adventure. And you can watch another one of our Oak Glen Videos that’ll introduce you to a couple more of our favorites here. Or find some new places around San Bernardino County with our county playlist here and come back soon for more unique content around California for families.
Nearby Options That Might Interest You
Here are some similar options you might enjoy.
Soup Stone Farm Apple Picking
Snow Line Orchard Apple Cider Donuts
See you again with more around California with kids.
Leave a Reply