Looking for a safe Halloween-themed activity to do in October. Try the Pumpkin Rock Trail hike.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Pumpkin Rock Trail Visiting Information
- Located at the end of 6th street. It is right next to the Norco Animal Control Shelter (98 Sixth St, Norco, CA 92860)
- 7:30 a.m. – Dusk
- Entry price:
- Free parking at Pikes Peak Park (97 Sixth St, Norco, CA 92860)
- Time spent:
- 1 ½ hours
- What we packed:
- Stroller/Wagon friendly:
- Public restrooms at Pikes Peak Park (97 Sixth St, Norco, CA 92860)
- What we observed:
- Go to the path left of the USA sign for an easier path or hiking with kids. This path is narrow, so you will come in close contact with others.
- Go to the path right to the USA sign (where you pass the horses) for a more inclined hike. This path is not as narrow.
- No shade on the trail until you reach pumpkin rock.
- Great hike if you live around the area.
- Wear proper shoes.
More On Hiking Pumpkin Rock
Pumpkin Rock is located right at the end of Sixth St. In Norco, CA, you’ll find the entrance to an easy, family-friendly hike to a giant rock painted like a pumpkin. The pumpkin rock trail has a couple of nice landmarks to investigate as you make you’re way up the hill.
If you are in the area, yeah, go for it! Now that’s finally cooling down. Pumpkin Rock is a nice beginner hike to try with the kiddos. If you aren’t up to carrying your children up a steep incline, we would like to mention taking the trail left of the USA sign. Otherwise, If you’ve gone past the metal horses, you may eventually hate yourself for going the wrong way as we did.
Similar Options That Might Interest You
Here are some similar options you might enjoy.
See you again with more around California with kids.