[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading source=”post_title” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][sc_divider style=”3″][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Hana Field is Tanaka Farms’ secondary location which specializes in a handful of different flowers. Their most popular flower is most definitely the sunflowers, followed by a large color variety of zinnias and snapdragons. Their current crops are blooming throughout July, and they’re taking online reservations now. We’ll link the website in the description below. So jump on it quickly if you’re thinking about going.
We had a fun time on our visit. We bought a u-pick bucket that allowed us to pick up to 15 flowers, which was more than enough. However, the number of sunflowers and prices may change on demand, so check before you go.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
Hana Field by Tanaka Farms visiting info
- 427 Anton Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Friday: 3-6 pm (fields close at 7pm)
- Saturday-Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm (fields close at 6pm)
- Dates and hours of operations may change. We recommend calling them beforehand to confirm their business hours.
- General admission is $5 per person (ages 3 & above).
- Children ages 2 & under are free. This does not include flower picking.
- Military gets free admissions.
- Hana Field keepsake flower cup for $20 to fill with 15 u-pick flowers.
Hana Field Costa Mesa Parking
- Free Parking
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”3794″ img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]
Random Tips from our visit
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]What we observed:
- Hana field is not located at the Tanaka Farms in Irvine.
- Best to make reservations online.
- Bring your own cutting utensils to cut the sunflower stem.
- Loose dirt and uneven grounds so we recommend closed-toe shoes.
- Bring an umbrella since there is no shade and lots of water.
- Be aware of bees on the sunflowers.
- Great place to take Instagram-inspired photos.
- U-pick lots of pretty flowers.
- 1 ½ hour
- Kinda, We wouldn’t recommend a wagon since the grounds are uneven.
- Porta potties
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]What we brought:
- Bug Spray
- Bug suction
- Insect Bite Salve
- Hand sanitizer
- First Aid Healing Spray
- Portable Toilet
- Portable Urine
- Camera + Lens
- Closed-toe shoes
- We did the 10 am reservations on a Saturday and it was not crowded. We hardly ran into anyone on the fields.
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”3795″ img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]
Should you go?
We liked it. The only real drawback of our visit was the heat. Temps were around 85 by the time we finished at 11:30 am, and the lack of shade had us wishing we didn’t forget some umbrellas. Other than that, our only other bump in the road was convincing Kairi not to pick 15 pink zinnias immediately. Once she realized we weren’t in a rush, we had fun building out the most colorful bouquet possible. Not to mention we got to eat some of our favorite breakfast burritos across the street at Nate’s Korner on the way out![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
What other sites are saying about the Sunflower Fields At Hana Field
Similar places you might be interested in
- Tanaka Farms Pumpkin Patch in Irvine – Another popular seasonal activity Tanaka Farms offers at their main Irvine Location. http://www.califoreigners.com/tanaka-farms-pumpkin-patch-2020/
That being said, we’re always out exploring and encouraging others to spend time outdoors as a family. Watch our YouTube Playlist below to see over 50 additional options you can take your kids to for little to no money 🙂
If it helps shark ideas, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We post a new video once a week (Tuesdays) and don’t be afraid to comment. We love to help.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Subscribe to our Newsletter
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”3578″ img_size=”large”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]If you found our post helpful and want to hear more from us in the future, please consider signing up for our Monthly Newsletter. We promise to send you the most basic, to the point text newsletter you’ve ever seen! Thanks in advance for the support, it’s much appreciated.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]