The Corona Del Mar State Beach is one of our favorites in Orange County. Its fine sand and unique landmarks make it a must-visit if you’re looking for a fun beach to take the kids.
Corona Del Mar SB Visiting Info
- 3001 Ocean Blvd, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
- 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. 7 days a week
- (949) 718-1859
- Free street parking but there is a little steep hill to go down to the beach. You can also drive down to their parking lot to avoid the walk and hill. Price ranges from $2-5 per hour or a $20-27 daily max, depending on the time of day and time of year.
Random Tips from our visit
What we observed:
- Soft sand
- Waves crash uneven, beware of rip currents
- Great place for kids to enjoy the water
- 3 1/2 hours
- Flushing toilets
- Relax and enjoy at the beach
- Firepit (very few)
- Volleyball (3 nets)
- Picnic at the look at point and enjoy the view
What we brought:
- Cabana tent
- Baby carrier
- Beach toys
- Water soakers
- Water Wipes
Should you go?
Corona Del Mar State Beach is a fun beach with kids. The sand is much finer than the more popular Huntington and Newport beaches, and the cove stays relatively shallow, which makes us feel a little safer with the little ones.
What other sites are saying about Corona Del Mar SB
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California, searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do in California With Kids
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.