Lytle Creek river was a great activity for our family. It’s not far off the 15fwy near Fontana, and you don’t have to hike far to enjoy nice clear water coming down from the mountain.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Lytle Creek River Information
- We parked on the road near the “Hidden Acres” Sign. 955 Lytle Creek Rd, Lytle Creek, CA 92358
- Daylight Hours
- Entry price:
- Free Admission
- You must purchase a National Park Adventure Pass to park. You can go to www.fs.usda.gov/adventurepass to find the nearest vendor. We bought our pass at Melody’s Place/Scotland Store.
- Time spent:
- 2 hours
- Check the weather before you go. The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended. Best to wear water shoes or hiking boots.
- What we packed:
- @larocheposayusa sunblock, @okeeffescompany lip sunscreen, @suds2go cap, @publicgoods insect repellent, fruits, snacks, food, and water.
- Bring your own and pack it all out.
- Stroller/Wagon friendly:
- Porta potties near the cars
- What we observed:
- Bring shoes that you are willing to get wet in.
- It could sometimes get windy/chilly in the area, so we recommend bringing a jacket.
- There is no reception in the area.
- Other places to visit in the area:
- Bonita Falls
Additional Thoughts On Lytle Creek
We’ve actually gone many times since this visit, and we’ve written a much more in-depth post on this that you can check out here.
Lytle Creek & Bonita Falls Review With Kids (link to our youtube explainer, post coming soon.)