Illuminate Silverlakes does a great job bringing Christmas cheer, and we can confidently say the experience is well done for families with younger kids.
VIP Discount For Our Readers!
Illuminate also gave us a code to share to our readers for a big discount to their VIP tickets good through the 24th (that pretty much makes them the same price as GA) They come with some cool perks! 👇
$30 Adult VIP Ticket – versus listed $80 (a whopping savings of $50!)
Use Promo Code: CAROL
$20 Child VIP Ticket (ages 4 – 11) – versus listed $45 (an incredible savings of $25!)
Use Promo Code: CANDYCANE
The exclusive VIP ticket offer for our readers/followers/viewers includes the following:
- Exclusive VIP main entrance entry area
- Complimentary and colorful holiday light necklace per person
- S’mores kit per person (enough for two large s’mores)
- Choice of Soup of the Day or Macaroni and Cheese
- Unlimited Hot Chocolate Bar (only in the VIP tent)
- VIP Tent with lounge furniture, including a patio overlooking the sites of the Illumination Trail with a cozy fire-pit for the roasting of a S’mores.
- Dedicated live entertainment within the VIP Tent
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Illuminate Silverlakes Visiting Information
- 5555 Hamner Ave, Norco, CA 92860
- Dates & Hours:
- Nov 25 – Dec 24, 2022 from 6-10 pm
- Dates and hours of operations may change. We recommend calling them or checking their website beforehand to confirm their business hours.
- Adults (Age 12+ ): $24
- Child (Age 4-11): $17
- Children (3 and under): FREE
- Promo code: CHRISTMAS
- Live Entertainment.
- Great photo ops at the illuminate light trail.
- Run under the snow bubble foam.
- Meet and take a FREE photo with Santa (Digital download).
- Story time with Santa’s elves.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- S’mores roasting ($10/kit).
- Holiday Cookie Decorating and coloring with Mrs. Claus ($10/pp)
- Time spent:
- 2 hours
- Places to eat:
- Kettles and Snacks Stand
- Soups, nachos, churros, pretzel bites, hot cocoa and coffee. Prices ranges from $5-15
- Santa’s Smoking Grill Stand
- Hot dog, pulled pork sandwich, turkey leg, tamales, elote in a cup, and fries. Prices ranges from $5-9
- Kettles and Snacks Stand
- Pet allowed:
- Stroller friendly:
- Yes, both flushable and porta potties.
- What we observed:
- No outside food or drinks are allowed. They had us empty out our water bottle.
- Dress warm. The temperature dropped into the low 50s when we went.
- There was great lighting and it was perfect to take photos or videos with your family.
- Snow bubble foam comes on about every 15 mins.
- Before we left, we changed our kids into pjs and brushed and flossed their teeth before heading home.
- Every employee was very nice and always acknowledged our presence. The elves were super sweet and engaging with our girls.
- Ways to save money:
- Eat dinner before arriving at the event.
- Check the weather before you go. The weather can be changeable; layered clothing and closed toe shoes is recommended.
- What we packed:
- Thick jackets, beanies, stroller, @Suds2go cap, water wipes, kid’s pjs, toothbrush, and floss
- Other places to visit in the area:
- Logan’s Candies
- Recommended itinerary:
- Logan’s Candies
- Illuminate Silverlake
What We Said In Our Illuminate Silverlakes Video
We’re grateful to the team at Illuminate that invited us out to experience it cause it was a nice change of pace from Socal’s older Christmas events.
That said, we were a little worried about the event’s size when we arrived. Cause you can see Illuminate’s entire footprint from the entrance. To the right, you’ll see the tents and hear live music, with the light displays circling left around the venue’s lake. We decided to check out the live music first, where we were happy to watch Kids Imagine Nation performing on the stage before checking out vendors. Who offered kettle corn and a variety of other food options.
From there, we made our way to the light displays. While the light area wasn’t nearly as big as we thought it would be, it did have a handful of interactive displays and picture-taking opportunities spread throughout the area. Our three-year-old loved sitting on the giant bear’s lap and driving a small lit-up race car. While our 6-year-old didn’t share our little ones’ enthusiasm, she loved playing tag and hide n seek with us as we walked through the lights. But both of them LOVED the snow machines that went off every 15 minutes. So much so that they asked us to wait for another round. If not for the snow foam, we would have been through their light area much quicker.
In addition to the lights
Right after exiting the light display, you enter the Christmas village, which has a bar and tables to lounge around. It’s also where you’ll get your chance to see Santa. And we’re serious when we say Illuminate’s Santa was the best we’d ever experienced. The way he spoke to the girls, asking about their wishlists and mentioning how much they’d grown since he last saw them brought a smile to our faces. And the family photo they took for us was also included with the price of admission, which was a pleasant surprise.
The area also has a small stage in the corner for story time with the elves, which you’ll see walking around the entire event, greeting families, and interacting with the kids. They were all very nice, in character, and great with the younglings. They even got the kids involved during storytime by handing bells to ring whenever they heard the word Santa which won them over quickly.
Afterward, we headed back to the vendor area and saw kids Cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus while we sat at a small table nearby, writing letters to mail to Santa just in case he forgot their requests. And we ended the night relaxing around a fire in the s’more lounge, listening to live music and enjoying the downtime with the girls.
We spent a little over two hours inside Illuminate Silverlakes relaxing, and think it’s a great place to bring younger kids for the holidays. While we initially assumed the light decorations would be Illuminate’s best feature, all the event’s Christmas characters truly went the extra mile to create a fun, happy experience for the children that we noticed and appreciated. And the live Christmas music and performances really add to the event’s festive atmosphere.
Similar Options That Might Interest You
Here are some similar options you might enjoy.
123 Farm Christmas Lights (Cherry Valley, CA)
We hope you’re having a great holiday season, and we’ll see you soon.