We’ve always loved our visits to La Jolla Cove. It’s a location with beautiful views and plenty of activities for families of all ages.
La Jolla Cove visiting info
- 1100 Coast Blvd (at Girard Ave) La Jolla, CA 92037
- (619) 235-1169
- Free street parking
Random Tips from our visit
What we observed:
- Great way to see sea lions up close but they do smell like crap. We were thankful we had our masks on.
- 1 ½ hour. We only explored the area and did not spend time in the water.
- Flushing toilets but it’s not the cleanest restrooms.
- Seal lion up close
- Lots of pelicans
- Beautiful views with lots of photos ops
- Scuba Dive
What we brought:
- Baby carrier
- Comfortable shoes
- Bug Spray
- Water Wipes
Mask seems to be optional here. Only half of the people were wearing masks. The beaches are small so we would imagine it would be tough to social distance during the weekends. We went on a weekday and we were able to enjoy the area safely.
Should you go?
Yeah. You can’t beat free! The La Jolla Shoreline is pretty big. Plenty of room to follow covid-19 guidelines and have fun. Our kids really loved seeing all the animals around La Jolla that the cliffs home.
What other sites are saying about La Jolla Cove
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California, searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do with Kids in California
If you have any suggestions on where we should go next, please let us know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply