Published: 12/9/19 Updated: 12/1/22
Every December, Logan’s Candies serves up one of Southern California’s tastiest holiday traditions. A tradition that brings families from all over SoCal down to watch them create their signature Christmas Candy Canes.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Logan’s Candies Visiting Information
- 125 W B St, Ontario, CA 91762
- Mon-Fri: 10 am-6 pm
- Sat: 10 am – 5:30 pm
- Sun: Closed
- (Dates and hours of operations may change. We recommend calling them beforehand to confirm their business hours.)
- Free to view candy demonstration
- $5/person to bend candy cane
- Free street parking
- A full demonstration of the candy making process
- Sample a fresh candy cane
- You get to bend your own warm candy cane
- Time spent:
- 1 hour
- Check the weather before you go. The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended. You might view the demo from the outside.
- What we packed:
- Snacks, water, portable toilet, and @suds2go portable handwash.
- Tickets are released every Monday morning at 10am on SignUpGenius (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4ea4aa2ba3fac34-candy32)
- Pet allowed:
- Stroller friendly:
- The shop is pretty small. We don’t recommend bringing a stroller.
- No. There are no public restrooms at the shop so please plan accordingly.
What we observed
- What we observed:
- Tickets do sell out fast. For the month of December, we recommend being on their website right at 10am. The day we purchased them they sold out within 10 mins.
- Anyone is welcome to watch the candy making demo or shop the store without a ticket. Tickets are only required if you want to bend a candy cane at the end of the demo.
- When you arrive, check in with an employee to receive your ticket.
- We recommend arriving early to get a good view.
- If you are unable to get tickets this holiday season, Logan’s candies does offer other candy making demos with different colors and flavors throughout the year.
- Ways to save money:
- Purchase tickets for the kids to bend the candy cane. Parents do not need a ticket to enter the store or view the candy cane demo.
- Recommended itinerary:
- Logan’s Candies Candy Demo
- 5pm – Greenspot Christmas Tree Farm or Christmas at Live Oak Canyon
- Follow us on Instagram @thecaliforeigners, YouTube @Califoreigners, TikTok @Califoreigners
What We Said In Our Logan’s Candies Video
At around 30-minutes in length, The store’s owner Jerry expertly walks the crowd through the entire candy cane process. Reciting a well-rehearsed script packed with information and jokes as he mixes, colors, and flavors the batch.
Through all the steps watching the candy change color from amber to white as he stretched it over a hook was our girl’s favorite. After that, he formed the candy into and a giant block placed the stripes and started stretching it into the candy canes we’re all used to seeing.
The demo comes to an end once they start making the bite-sized candies for visitors to try. If you haven’t had it before just know that fresh candy cane is delicious! After a quick crunch through the outside of the candy, the inside is still warm and surprisingly chewy.
If you’re interested in more than just a bite, you can buy a ticket to the demonstration. This allows you to form your own unique candy cane at the end of the demo while it’s still hot enough to shape.
Similar Options That Might Interest You
We definitely recommend it along with some of these other Holiday things to do around California.
Wildlights (Palm Springs, CA) Youtube Link
LA Zoo Lights (LA, CA) Youtube Link
Lightscape (Arcadia, CA) Youtube Link
See you again with more around California with kids.