Visiting Los Rios Rancho in Oak Glen, CA
We headed over to Los Rios Rancho in Oak Glen to pick some end of season strawberries. We’re big fans of the Oak Glen area on a normal year. It’s a great little town with a lot of family-friendly u-pick farms.
Los Rios Rancho visiting info
- Weekdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Weekends 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
**Please double check their website for updated hours**
- No entrance fee.
Random Tips from our visit
What we observed:
- Not much shade
- Would recommend visiting this farm at the beginning of the season since fruits and pumpkins may be slim pickings if you go later in the season.
- 1 ½ hour
- Yes, but the farm does have uneven dirt paths that might make it difficult.
- Porta potties
- U-pick produce (pay by weight or container size)::
- Strawberries (starts in early June)
- Raspberries (late July to September)
- Apples (late August to early November)
- Pumpkins (October to November)
- Chestnuts (late October to December)
- Farm Fair from Friday to Sunday (tickets available for purchase when you arrive)
- Tractor rides and wagon tours
- Kids crafts (candle dipping, toy making, hay bale pulley)
- Roasted corn
- Corn maze
- Parking house tour (Labor Day-Thanksgiving weekend)
- U-press cider and live music (September-November)
- Like most places in the area, it gets really busy during the fall season. We always recommend visiting the farm right when they open to avoid crowds. Mask wearing seems to be optional here. Although they have Covid-19 guidelines signs posted, there isn’t anyone going around enforcing them.
- We’ve been to Oak Glen in the morning and in the afternoon. There is definitely a big difference in safety. The morning guests are more cautious and are more likely to wear their mask and social distance compared to the afternoon. It gets too crowded in the afternoon and would be stressful trying social distance with people that aren’t wearing any masks.
Should you go?
Before you make the drive, you must be comfortable with the entire town of Oak Glen being lack on covid-19 guidelines. Oak Glen gets extremely busy, and most visitors aren’t wearing masks. As a result, we recommend getting there at opening and enjoying the farm before it gets busy. If you do that you’ll have a great time, and you won’t be so stressed. Anything past 10:30 am, and you’ll have to have your guard up if you’re trying to follow covid-19 safety guidelines
What other sites are saying about Los Rios Rancho
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do with Kids in Southern California
If you have any suggests on where we should go next please let us know in the comments below!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you found our post helpful and want to hear more from us in the future, please consider signing up for our Monthly Newsletter. We promise to send you the most basic, to the point text newsletter you’ve ever seen! Thanks in advance for the support, it’s much appreciated.