Manassero Farms in Irvine, CA, is such a great u-pick Strawberry option for families with young ones. With 3 generations of farming in Orange County, the Mannassero family has been growing quality produce for over 100 years.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Manassero Farms Strawberry Picking Visiting Information
Main Visitor Info
- 33 Irvine Valley, Irvine, CA 92604
- Dates & Hours:
- Mon-Sat: 10 am – 4 pm
- Sun: 10 am – 3:30 pm
- Dates and hours of operations may change. We recommend calling them or checking their website beforehand to confirm their business hours.
- Field tickets: $4.50/person
- Strawberry u-pick container: $7.50
- How much we spent during our visit:
- Total: $28.55
- $18 for field entry for a family of 4
- $7.50 for a single strawberry u-pick container
- $2.08 tax and fees
- $1 for the 2 coin operated kiddie rides
- Total: $28.55
- Free parking
- Strawberry picking
- Olallieberry picking
- Blueberry picking
- Picnic and relax
- Shop at their market
- Play area for young toddlers
- Time spent:
- 1 hour
- Reservations are required for entry. You can purchase tickets here:
- Where to eat:
- Flippoly – 14001 Jeffery Rd, Irvine, CA 92620 – 2 miles away
- Hokkaido Ramen Santouka – 14230 Culver Dr, Irvine, CA 92604 – 3.2 miles away – Order the special pork ramen with salt broth.
- Fudaka – 8683 Irvine Center Dr, Irvine, CA 92618 – 4.9 miles away – Order the spicy tuna don.
- Pet allowed:
- Stroller friendly:
- Yes, flushable toilets.
- What we observed:
- Strawberry u-picking season usually runs from March to July. They also offer blueberry and olallieberry picking. Make sure to check their Instagram @manasserofarms for updates on when these fruits will be available for u-picking.
- There is no shade in the fields so we recommend bringing a hat or umbrella.
- A staff member let us know that their strawberries have no chemicals, no pesticides, and are non-GMO. She said are girls were welcome to eat a couple of strawberries right from the field.
- Bring quarters for the coin operated rides. Our 3 year old enjoyed the rides.
- The play area is more for kids under 5. Our 6 year old went through the play quickly.
- Check the weather before you go. The weather can be changeable; layered clothing and wear shoes you don’t mind getting dirty or muddy.
- What we packed:
- Quarters, lunch, snacks, water, lip sunscreen, sunscreen, bug repellent, sunglasses, hat, umbrella, Sud2go cap, and water wipes.
- You can get the links to all our travel essentials here: Travel Essentials | Califoreigners
things to bring
- Ways to save money:
- Pack your own food, snacks and water.
- Event party rentals:
- School field trips:
- Gift Certificates:
- Future events:
- Farm tours
- Other places to visit in the county:
- Other u-pick farms:
- Recommended itinerary:
- 10 am – Manassero Farm
- Pretend City Children’s Museum
- Follow us on Instagram @thecaliforeigners, Youtube @Califoreigners, TikTok @Califoreigners
What We Said In Our Manassero Farms Strawberry Picking Video
Surrounding the IVC campus off Jeffery Blvd. Their flagship farm is perfect for busy oc families looking to stay local. Before arriving, you’ll need to reserve a timeslot online. And once you get there, the staff will verify your reservation and sell you however many containers you need for the strawberries before walking you through a gate and guiding you to their u pick field, where we were told which area was ready for picking. Mannassero Farms also lets us know that they don’t use any pesticides on the strawberries, and it was okay if the girls wanted to try a couple strawberries while we were picking. Once we were in the field, you can really smell the strawberries with thousands of ripe strawberries ripe and ready for picking. The strawberries we had tasted good and are the same strawberries you can pick up at Irvine’s local whole foods!
Mannassero Farms also has a small blueberry patch and a blackberry for u pick once they’re in season. We suggest calling ahead before visiting to see what fields are open for picking and reading through our blog post for all the farm’s visitor information in detail.
Only looking to fill one box. We were done pretty quick. Afterward, we hung out in their relaxing lounge area while the girls enjoyed running around in their kid’s area. That area also has a couple themed gift shop selections, a U-pick herb garden, and a rentable space for events. If you aren’t into getting your hands dirty, you can always buy a box of fresh picked strawberries from the store inside and other unique artisan goods.
Similar Options That Might Interest You
Here are some similar options you might enjoy.
Kenny’s Farm Strawberry Picking
South Coast Farms Strawberry Picking (Youtube)
See you again with more around California with kids.
Leave a Reply