Visiting Mission Tiki Drive in Theatre in Montclair, CA
The Mission Tiki Drive-in Theatre has been in our stable rotation of things to do for years. Even before kids, Trang and I would spend our summer nights watching movies at Mission Tiki. So it was only natural for us to start bringing the girls.
Mission Tiki Drive in Theatre visiting info
- $10 for adults (age 10 and older)
- $1 for kids (age 5-9)
- Free for kids 4 and under
- Open 7 days a week. Box office opens 1 hour before the first showing Sunday through Thursday and 1.5 hours Friday and Saturday
Random Tips from our visit
- Great place to watch a newly released movie safely
- 2 hours. We arrived early to get a good spot and to feed the kids before the movie.
- Flushing toilets
What we observed
- We came on a Wednesday night and only stayed for the first showing. It was not busy, and everyone followed covid safety protocols.
- Come early to get a good spot.
- We brought our own food, snacks, drinks, and a portable toilet to make our movie night as safe as possible.
- If you are concerned about your car battery, we recommend bringing a battery-powered, portable FM radio.
- There were cars with an open hatchback or watching from the bed of their truck. There weren’t any parked close to us, but we kept our doors and windows closed the entire time, and we felt safe.
- Little kids tip: we showered our 1 and 4-year-olds right before heading out. We fed them dinner and snacks at the drive-in, brushed their teeth, changed diaper/restroom, and changed them into pajamas. They fell asleep on the ride home, and it was easy for us to transition them to the bed.
- Cars were parked in every other parking space. Leaving at least 6ft of space between each car.
- Everyone was watching the movie from the inside of their car.
- Everyone wore a mask going to the bathroom and concession stand.
Should you go?
Honestly, it’s the only way we’ve been watching new movies for years. Seeing two movies for $10 a person is a steal in our book. We think the Mission Tiki Drive-in Theatre a must, and we hope to continue the tradition with the girls as they grow up.
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do with Kids in Southern California
If you have any suggests on where we should go next please let us know in the comments below!
What other sites are saying about Mission Tiki Drive in Theatre
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you found our post helpful and want to hear more from us in the future, please consider signing up for our Monthly Newsletter. We promise to send you the most basic, to the point text newsletter you’ve ever seen! Thanks in advance for the support, it’s much appreciated.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.