Night of the jacks in Calabasas, California, is a Halloween-themed experience that’s sure to get you into the holiday mood as you stroll through their mile-long loop.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Nights Of The Jack Information updated For 2022
- 26800 Mulholland Hwy, Calabasas, CA 91302
- None, contact them through email.
- Mon-Sun from 6pm-10pm.
- Entry price:
- Price ranges from $29.99-64.99/pp. Age 2 yrs & younger are free. Must purchase tickets online.
- $9.99/vehicle. Parking in dirt lot.
- Time spent:
- 2 hours
- Check the weather before you go. The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended. We wore a sweater/jacket for this event. Best to wear closed toe shoes.
- What we packed:
- @publicgoods insect repellant, @suds2go cap, @thegoodcrispcompany chips, veggie and fruit @lunchbots, @yumearth candy and water. A set of pajamas, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, @waterwipeusa and portable toilet to get our girls ready before the drive home.
- Lots of food trucks and vendors onsite. “Spookeasy” Bars for age 21+.
- Stroller/Wagon friendly:
- Yes, porta potties
- What we observed:
- We recommend booking earlier time slots since the trail closes at 10 pm. It is about a ⅔ mile walk. All pumpkins are hand carved but there are a mixture of real and plastic pumpkins. Would recommend coming with another family so the kids can enjoy the experience with their friends.
- Ways to save money:
- Bring your own light up toy or necklace, hot chocolate in a thermos, and new candy treats for the kids.
- Other places to visit in the area:
- @underwoodfamilyfarms pumpkin patch
What We Said In Our Nighs of the Jack Video
The popular attraction gets busy, so tickets are sold online with time-specific entrances to ease overcrowding.
Once inside, the general area has a dozen or so food trucks along with a large picnic area, restrooms, and bar. Photo opportunities are spread throughout the place, and the wooden artwork with the holes cut out seems to attract the kids’ attention. A second rest area can be found at the halfway point of the trail and has drinks and porta potties.
Before leaving the general area, swing by the master carver booth to learn about the displays and meet the folks that made this event possible. Through the carver, we learned that it took ten carvers a year to make all the displays you see inside the experience. Of all the pumpkins, he said about 25% were real, with the other 75% made from plastics so they can last the month without decomposing.
Once out on the trail, you’ll come up on a themed pumpkin installation every 100 yards or so. With some sections more spectacular than others, we liked the alien landing, pumpkin carriage, and Disney castle that held pumpkins of all the girls’ favorite characters, and the area with all the lights and Halloween-covered buildings. Be sure not the miss the singing pumpkins in that area. For a minute, they’ll make you feel like you’re in Disneyland.
Our girls’ favorite section was the Snow area. They hung out there under the fake falling snow for a while. They also loved the animated light tunnel and the Disney installation we mentioned. But outside of those, the regular pumpkin attractions weren’t all that interesting to the girls.
Night of the jacks was a fun experience that we all enjoyed. While it’s a little strange that most of the carved pumpkins aren’t real, the event ultimately delivers on the Halloween feel, and it’s a great way to spend a night in October.
Other October Event Options
If daytime events are more appealing, these pumpkin patches and Apple Picking spots are a great option. So check them out.
Irvine Park Railroad Pumpkin Patch
We’ll see you soon with more for kids around California.
Leave a Reply