The Redwood Grove in Brea’s Carbon Cayon Regional Park is an easy hike to take with the kiddos. While the grove is only 200-ish yards long, it’s nice to see so many Redwoods in one spot without having to drive up to the mountains.
See The Full Detailed Video Below
Carbon Canyon Regional Park Visiting Information
- 4442 Carbon Canyon Road Brea, CA 92823
- 714-973-3160 or 714-973-3162
- Fall – Winter Hours, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Spring – Summer Hours, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Entry price:
- $3 parking fee Mon-Fri
- $5 parking fee Sat-Sun
- Parking fee per vehicle
- Time spent:
- 1 ½ hours
- Stroller/Wagon friendly:
- Yes, but you would need to push it through dirt and wood chips.
- Yes, at the main park. We didn’t see any restrooms on the hike or at the redwood groves.
- What we observed:
- When you enter the regional park, make a right and go towards the volleyball courts. Park where the road ends.
- The hike to the redwood groves is about one mile long. It is a dirt pathway with no shade until you reach the redwood groves. If you plan to take photos, we recommend coming from the other side of the park.
- The grove is about 2 football fields in length.
- It has a nice woodsy feel to it.
Our Redwood Grove Video Montage
Similar Options That Might Interest You
Here are some similar options you might enjoy.
https://www.alltrails.com/us/california (We use all trails to research all our family hikes
See you again with more around California with kids.