Hiking to Redwood Grove in Yorba Linda, CA
The Redwood Grove in Brea’s Carbon Cayon Regional Park is an easy hike to take with the kiddos. While the grove is only 200-ish yards long it’s nice to see so many Redwoods in one spot without having to drive up to the mountains.
Redwood Grove visiting info
- 4442 Carbon Canyon Road
Brea, CA 92823
- 714-973-3160 or 714-973-3162
- Fall-Winter Hours, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Spring-Summer Hours, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Parking fee per vehicle
- $3 parking fee Mon-Fri
- $5 parking fee Sat-Sun
Random Tips from our visit
What we observed:
- When you enter the regional park, make a right and go towards the volleyball courts. Park where the road ends.
- The hike to the redwood groves is about one mile long. It is a dirt pathway with no shade until you reach the redwood groves. If you plan to take photos, we recommend coming from the other side of the park
- The grove is about 2 football fields in length.
- It has a nice woodsy feel to it.
- A place to see redwood groves in southern California.
- A nice location to take professional photos. Please inquire about a photography permit.
- 1 ½ hour
- Yes, but you would need to push it through dirt and wood chips.
- Yes at the main park. We didn’t see any restrooms on the hike or at the redwood groves.
Face covering is required at all times except for children under the age of 2. Everyone did a great job social distancing and we felt safe taking our girls here.
Should you go?
Lake Shrine really is a peaceful place. We enjoyed our time in the center. The turtle/bird/fish food was a big hit with both of our girls, and they loved all the different colored flowers that were blooming during our visit.
What other sites are saying about Redwood Grove
Places to visit around the area:
- Monja Taiker – The Monja Red Grain Pork Rice is a must!
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do with Kids in Southern California
If you have any suggests on where we should go next please let us know in the comments below!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you found our post helpful and want to hear more from us in the future, please consider signing up for our Monthly Newsletter. We promise to send you the most basic, to the point text newsletter you’ve ever seen! Thanks in advance for the support, it’s much appreciated.