Visiting the San Diego Zoo Kids FREE October 2020
Kids love the zoo, but it can be expensive depending on how big your family is. San Diego Zoo Kids free October is a great time to visit, you can save a lot of money and have one last outing with the family before the sick season starts back up.
San Diego Zoo Kids Free October visiting info
2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
- Everyday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Adult (ages 12+): $60
- Child (age 11 and younger): Free for the month of October
- Students age 12 or older: get 15% discount off Adult 1-Day Pass admissions ticket
- AAA Members get 10% off 1-Day admissions tickets (limit to 6 people per card)
Random Tips from our visit
- Most of their attractions are closed due to Covid-19 but you can spend hours walking around viewing all the beautiful animals
- Skyfari Aerial Tram (Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to close)
- They offer upgraded experiences with private buyout tours
- 4 hours
- Yes. Please keep in mind that there are some parts of the park that are hilly.
- Flushing toilets
What we observed:
- The park is very clean and they take great care of their animals.
- Highly recommend purchasing the tickets online to make the process of entering the park faster.
- Best to visit the park in the mornings where you can see the animals out and about.
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do with Kids in Southern California
If you have any suggests on where we should go next please let us know in the comments below!
As for Covid-19, all guests are required to wear masks, and they do have staff members going around actively enforcing the rule. While there were times areas were getting pretty busy, we would simply move along to lower traffic areas.
We arrived at the park at 9 am on a Tuesday and the park did not feel crowded. We felt safe and were able to social distance ourselves from others. The park does a good job putting up ropes or barriers in areas where people would normally gather to continue the flow of traffic.
Should you go?
In October? Yes, you should. We felt safe during our time in the park. Like every place we visit this year we recommend getting there when they open. The sooner you can do that, the easier it will be to avoid the crowds and enjoy your time.
What other sites are saying about San Diego Zoo
Other Great Places to Visit Nearby
- Balboa Park (Post coming soon)
- San Diego Safari (never been yet)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you found our post helpful and want to hear more from us in the future, please consider signing up for our Monthly Newsletter. We promise to send you the most basic, to the point text newsletter you’ve ever seen! Thanks in advance for the support, it’s much appreciated.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.