Going on the Tanaka Farms U-Pick Wagon Rides with Santa worked out perfectly for us. Our oldest daughter is very much in love with the idea of being a farmer when she grows up so picking veggies and meeting Santa was a win-win. We must warn you that the wagon tour is still very much a farming experience. Any seasonal decorations you see during the ride are meant for Tanaka Farms Christmas festival of lights that run in the evenings. So please don’t expect to see Christmas trees and terrifying elves along the path.
That being said, If you are looking to get into the Christmas spirit, be sure to head over to their Christmas tree market and shop after the ride. it’s loaded with unique Christmas gear and freshly cut Christmas trees.
Tanaka Farms U-Pick Wagon Rides with Santa visiting info
Hours (Starting Nov 27th)
U-Pick Wagon Rides with Santa
- Fri-Sun 10am – 4pm from Nov 27 to Jan 9. Closed Dec 25 and Jan 1.
Hikari – A Festival of Lights Drive-Thru
- Sat-Sun 5:30pm-9pm from Nov 27 to Jan 10. Closed Dec 24, 25, 31 and Jan 1.
5380 3/4 UNIVERSITY DR., IRVINE, CA 92612
Tanaka Farms U-Pick Wagon Rides with Santa
- $20 All persons (3 years and older)
- Free for Military (Active, Retired and Veteran)
They also offer Hikari – A Festival of Lights Drive-Thru tour
- $49 Mon-Thurs per vehicle
- $59 Fri-Sun per vehicle
Plenty of free parking at their farm
Random Tips from our visit
What we observed/recommendations:
- The U-pick wagon tour of the farm did not have many Christmas decorations. Mostly Christmas lights decorations up for the Hikari Festival of Lights for the evening.
- We enjoyed our time picking veggies and our daughter was so happy to meet Santa in person (socially distanced).
- We visited their Christmas Tree and Holiday Market. You can shop for wreaths, poinsettias, fresh garlands, holiday banners and flags, tree and lawn ornaments, table setting and home decor, and a fresh Christmas tree.
- They also have a drive-thru Produce Market.
- All the staff was helpful and friendly.
- Included with admissions for U-Pick Wagon Rides with Santa
- Guided wagon ride tour through the farm
- U-pick 3 veggies (we got radish, carrots, and kale)
- Meet Santa (socially distanced) and get a photo op with your own camera
- 1 Hour
- No. Most of our time was spent on the tractor
- Porta Potties
What we brought:
- Sanitizer Wipes
- Water Wipes
- Baby carrier
- Closed toe shoes
Should you go?
If your kids love farming, and you need to take your annual family photo with Santa you should go. Just be sure to think of it like you’re going to pick veggies with the kids and Santa just happens to be there. The wagon rides aren’t set up in a way to get you into the Christmas spirit.
Things to do nearby
We travel all over California searching for fun places to take the kids. Be sure to check out some of the other places we’ve visited that are good for kids. Things to do with Kids in Southern California
If you have any suggests on where we should go next please let us know in the comments below!
What other sites are saying about Tanaka Farms
Something good to eat
- Fakada – To celebrate Tanaka’s Farms Japanese heritage you might as well have some tasty Japanese food after your visit. We ordered their lunch special and highly recommend their spicy tuna don with white rice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.